Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sea Worn Tiles

A recent stop off in Almuñecar on Spain's Costa Tropical has left me with an abundance of beautiful sea worn tiles that I found scattered throughout the pebble beach . This new answer to sea glass has kept me busy for the last couple of weeks. Here are a few of my latest beach inspired creations. 




 I have left the tiles bare for this necklace. I love the natural smoothness left by time and the sea. I wonder where each tile came from and how long it took to wear them down.



                                                           



These white tiles gave me the perfect canvas for these small fossil drawings which mirror nature's influence and allude to the effect of time on all things, living and inanimate 






  I had fun with bright watercolours and natural dripping forms for these pendants. I finished them off with the same glaze I used for the fossil tiles and attached bails to make them into a necklace. It's almost finished. I'll post the final piece soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment